1. We develop communication by experimenting in short cycles, learning frequently.
2. We act convinced that communication is much more effective when it is co-constructed.
3. We accept and take advantage of changes to promote continuous improvement and offer competitive advantage to our collaborators, stakeholders and clients.
4. We connect with people, privileging face-to-face conversation as the most efficient and effective method of doing so.
5. We are change agents, that’s why we never stop asking and wondering why and what for, listening with empathy and speaking with humility.
6. We know that communication is too important to be left solely in the hands of communicators. With proper training, everyone can become a good communicator.
7. We communicate constantly; secrecy is no longer a sustainable option.